0 Item available Items available
This product is no longer in stock
DYLON Fabric Dyes for hand use are perfectly suited for smaller items like shorts, vests or socks, and for delicates you’d rather not put in the machine like wool and silk.
This product is not sold individually. You must select at least 1 quantity for this product.
Warning: Last items in stock!
Whether you’re refreshing an army of black socks or want an uplifting hit of colour with vibrant tights you can be sure of beautiful colour and permanent results you’ll be happy to show off!
DYLON Hand Dye Instructions
1. Weigh dry fabric. Wash thoroughly. Leave damp
2. Using rubber gloves, dissolve dye in 500ml warm water
3. Fill bowl/stainless steel sink with approx 6 litres warm water (40°C)
4. Stir in 250g (5tbsp) salt. Add dye & stir well
5. Submerge fabric in water
6. Stir for 15mins, then stir regularly for 45mins
7. Rinse fabric in cold water. Wash in warm water and dry away from direct heat & sunlight
• You will need 250g salt
• 1 pack dyes up to 250g fabric (e.g. shirt) to full shade or larger amounts to lighter shade
• Suitable fabrics: Cotton, linen and viscose. Wool, Silk, Polyester/cotton and polyester/viscose mixes will dye to lighter shade
• Not suitable: Pure polyester, acrylic, nylon & fabric with special finishes
• Wash separately for first few washes to remove any excess dye
• Please note: Colour mixing rules apply (e.g. blue on red gives purple)
• Hand dye can be used in the microwave to create special effects.
• For cotton, linen, silk and polyester/cotton mixes only.
• Micro-Dyeing is not suitable for wool, viscose or synthetic fabrics.
• DO NOT USE ON VISCOSE, AS FABRIC CAN GIVE OFF HARMFUL FUMES.
• Remove all metal on fabric (zips, studs, etc).
How To Use
1. Wash the fabric and leave damp.
2. Select your special effect and prepare the fabric by scrunching, knotting, twisting or folding – tie all fabrics tightly.
3. Wearing rubber gloves, empty the dye carefully into the bowl and gradually add 250 ml / ½ pint of hot water. Stir thoroughly to ensure dye is dissolved. Add further 250 ml / ½ pint of water.
4. Place the fabric in the bowl and work into the dye.
5. Put the bowl into a plastic bag or plastic wrap and place in the microwave. Set on ‘high’ for 4 minutes.
6. After 4 minutes remove the bowl from the oven – remember to protect your hands from the heat.
7. Tip away the dye solution and rinse the fabric in cold water. To protect the pattern do not undo any knots, twists, folds etc., until the water runs clear.
8. Rinse, wash and dry as for the Hand method.
Always read the full instructions in pack before use. Warning: Not suitable for children under 36 months